Late breaking news: Coach Carole will facilitate a collaborative project to plan, establish, manage and monitor a new community of practice for eportfolio practitioners in adult education in Australia.
We, that is – you and every Eportfolio practitioner in education in Australia – will soon be able to link up, connect and network about your favourite topic Eportfolios. Right now, we need your help to collaborate on the building of a community of practice around the following criteria :
- domain – purpose and a method of learning together, a domain of enquiry, leadership and relationship
- practice – sharing our practices, knowledge, learning from and with each other, learning through common activities, and learning from sources outside the community
- community – supportive, socialising, collaborative, participative, cooperative membership of a diverse and engaging dominion
We can network widely on the establishment on this CoP in a variety of formats. First we’d like to hear from the eportfolio practitioners themselves in some shared conversations. Then we would like you to participate in an online workshop early in September to help scope the process, the events and the sharing. If you’d like to be included in the new GoogleGroup: Eportfolio conversations please contact me at: coachcarole2012atgmail.com or post a comment below.
- we need an enthusiastic ‘group’ of eportfolio practitioners
- we need a purpose for our domain, some structure for our practice and a space for our community
- We’ll need blogs, forums, events and resources to suit your eportfolio practices, experiences and stories.
- We’ll need to be able to post, reply, schedule and share with easy to use navigation and interface design.
- Most of all, we’ll need to be able to scan, read and navigate across all areas of a CoP without the need to login; and to become a member, contribute and share in one easy step.
I am using my participation in the Facilitating Online free professional development with Sarah Stewart and a huge group of like minded people to help scope and breathe life into this project of mine. If you are interested in following the experiences of this international group, please visit the Wikieducator space, follow Sarah’s blog and setup a hashtag in your Tweetdeck for #FO2010.
I am now pulling in some guides on the side to help with the process of building our EpCoP. One of those is Nancy White, whom many of you will know. I’m particularly pleased to add this latest link to her series of blog articles on Stewarding Technologies for Community
What are your thoughts about an Eportfolio CoP?
Please post a Comment here to express an interest in the CoP!